Top Reasons to Visit Sonora Inn
- Built in 1896 as a Victorian hotel, this historic bed and breakfast located in the Sierra Nevada foothills has since been remodeled in the California Mission style with Spanish tiled roofs and arched walkways.
- The property has welcomed a number of Hollywood starlets over the years, including Drew Barrymore, who stayed here during the filming of Bad Girls, and actress and former Princess of Monaco Grace Kelly.
- Newly remodeled in 2012, guest rooms have new carpeting, new beds, and flat-screen TVs. Floral linens and white shutters retain the rooms’ elegant country style.
- The hotel is 5 miles from Columbia State Historic Park, where visitors can experience the former mining town’s old gold-rush-era days by making candles, panning for gold, and riding through town on a horse-drawn carriage.
- The surrounding area offers several recreational opportunities. Ski and snowboard at the 852-acre Dodge Ridge ski resort, located less than an hour away. When it’s warmer, there are fishing creeks and golf courses tucked amid the mountain landscape.
- Sonora’s historic main street is lined with antique shops, bakeries, and gourmet wine bars. The hotel also puts guests about an hour from Yosemite National Park.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“Everything was great on the better coffee would be appreciated”
“The room was small but nice, staff was friendly and we appreciated the continental breakfast. Also, a good central location for Gold Country exploring.”
“It was clean and cozy. The staff were very nice and accommodating! The restaurant next door had amazing food and the boutique next door had wonderful items to...”
“It was clean and cozy. The staff were very nice and accommodating! The restaurant next door had amazing food and the boutique next door had wonderful items to purchase! ”
160 S Washington St
Sonora, CA 95370