Top Reasons to Stay at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort
- Located on scenic Vancouver Island, Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort overlooks the sandy beaches and tranquil waters of the Strait of Georgia.
- Vancouver is just across the bay, and you can easily take a day trip there. Ferries pick up visitors in Nanaimo, about a 30-minute drive south of Parksville.
- Modern one- and two-bedroom suites come with a full kitchen, two televisions, a balcony or patio, an electric fireplace, and an in-suite washer and dryer.
- Guests can retreat to the main lodge to relax beneath a soaring ceiling with exposed wooden beams and a stone fireplace.
- Take a walk to explore the 10-acre property, which is surrounded by forests and sandy beaches.
Parksville, British Columbia: Mountain Landscape Across the Bay from Vancouver
Parksville lies on Vancouver Island’s eastern shores, just across the bay from Vancouver. The community is known for its spectacular mountains, lakes, and beaches that stretch for a mile wide. The golden, hard-packed sand is ideal for sand-castle building; each year the city hosts a sand-sculpting competition, where artists carve their masterpieces over the course of three days.
Giant douglas firs line Cathedral Grove in MacMillan Provincial Park, some of them standing at more than 250 feet (75 m) tall and more than 29 feet (9 m) in circumference. There are plenty of hiking trails that wend through the old-growth forest.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.