The Empress of Little Rock - Little Rock, AR
2-Night Stay for Two in a Room or Spa Suite with Champagne and Truffles. Combine Up to 4 Nights.
Hotel at a Glance: The Empress of Little Rock
The National Register of Historic Places recognized the Empress of Little Rock as the best example of ornate Victorian architecture in Arkansas. The home's grandiose architectural features display both Queen Anne and gothic influences. There's a 3.5-story corner tower, a 200-foot verandah, and an 8-square-foot stained glass skylight, all constructed from local materials. Since its original completion in 1888 (formerly known as Hornibrook Mansion), The Empress served as a private residence, a women's college, and a boarding house before it was restored to its original floor plan in 1994 and transformed into a B&B.
- Antique furnishings deck out all the guest rooms, which include fireplaces
- Enjoy breakfast by candlelight, which may include baked alaska oranges or cream of apple soup
- High tea is held by appointment only and includes homemade scones, followed by a one-hour historical tour of the home ($20 per person); there are also special "Downton Abbey" group grand high teas held on Sundays ($40 per person)
- Press shout-out: In 2010, Country Almanac Magazine named The Empress the fourth-most romantic B&B in the U.S.
- 'Tis the season: Every December, the B&B sets up elaborate Christmas decorations and serves homemade eggnog in the evenings.
Little Rock, Arkansas: Historic Capital City with Lots of Outdoor Fun
Little Rock, which lies along the southern banks of the Arkansas River, was named one of Outside magazine's best towns in 2013, thanks in part to the Arkansas River Trail System. The trail runs for more than 30 miles along the Arkansas River, with ample room for walkers, joggers, and bikers to enjoy the riverfront on paths that connect 38 parks and six museums. The trail also connects to the River Market, a gigantic outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment complex in downtown Little Rock.
The entire city of Little Rock could be considered a history museum. It's home to Little Rock Central High School, an early example of the government's role in public-school desegregation. Visitors can learn more about the Little Rock Nine—the first African-American students to attend the formerly all-white high school in 1957—across the street at the National Historic Site Visitor Center. Little Rock is also the hometown of President Clinton and the William J Clinton Presidential Library & Museum, which houses an extensive archive of official records, photographs, and videotapes. Also worth a visit: the city's numerous museums and three state capitol buildings—including the oldest state capitol west of the Mississippi River.
There's plenty for families to do here as well. Kids can play and learn at the Museum of Discovery, which has interactive science and technology exhibits. There's also a zoo just a few miles outside of downtown.
What You Get
Two-night stay for two with champagne and truffles
- Option 1: $199 for the Petit Jean, Washburn-Welch, or John Edward Murray suite (up to a $398 value)
- Option 2: $299 for the Chatelaine Anniversary, Majestic, Victoria's Garden, or James H. Hornibrook suite (up to a $598 value)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 11/8/13
Travel by: 12/19/13
- Blackout dates: Not valid 11/28–11/30
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to $25 fee; 7-day notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Taxes: 13% tax not included
- Additional fees: $10 nightly service charge not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Two-course breakfast by candlelight
- Landscaped gardens
- Porch swings and hammocks
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 11/8/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 12/19/13
- Not valid 11/28-11/30
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required; subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to $25 fee; 7-day notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in and 6 or older to stay
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- $10 nightly service charge not included
- 13% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Included in all rooms
- One king or queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $50 per night for each additional guest 6 or older; guests 5 or younger not allowed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available with extra-occupant fee
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 25 pounds may be added in the Victoria's Garden suite for $50 per stay.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: 4 miles from Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport (LIT)
- By car: about 320 miles from Dallas, TX