The Fairmont Royal York - Downtown Toronto
1-Night Stay for Two with Valet Parking, Internet, and Breakfast for Two at Epic Restaurant. Combine Multiple Nights.
Hotel at a Glance: The Fairmont Royal York
The Fairmont Royal York first opened in 1929 as The Royal York, a 28-story hotel that quickly established itself as the most opulent in Toronto. In addition to having private showers and bathtubs in each room (a luxury at the time), The Royal York boasted a 12,000-book library, a concert hall with a full stage and a 50-ton pipe organ, and a glass-enclosed rooftop garden. Today, the AAA Four Diamond–rated hotel still retains many of its original features—hand-painted ceilings, crystal chandeliers, and antique wall hangings, to name a few—as well as a few newcomers, such as a skylit lap pool and a full-service day spa.
- In-room amenities: bathrobes, HDTVs with express checkout, and windows that open onto city views
- Onsite dining: numerous restaurants and lounges, including a wine bar and japanese steak house
- Escape winter's chill: The hotel is directly connected to the PATH walkway, which has underground access to more than 1,000 shops and attractions.
- Stay fit: The onsite health club features a 50-foot lap pool, Life Fitness equipment with personal LCD TVs, and multiple steam rooms.
- Good for families: children's wading pool, professional childcare services, and dining discounts for kids 11 and younger
Toronto, Ontario: Scenic Trails, Boutique Shopping, and the Hockey Hall of Fame
Toronto is known as a wonderful walking city, with a sprawling network of eclectic neighborhoods and miles of waterside parkland. Set on the shores of Lake Ontario, the city’s scenic hiking and walking trails wind along the harbor front. From there, a northerly stroll takes you to the Fashion District, where warehouses and old factories that sat empty for years now house upscale restaurants, galleries, and cutting-edge boutiques. A bit farther north lies Kensington Market, a bohemian village rife with vintage shops and organic-food markets.
Toronto may be home to Canada’s best collection of museums. Hockey is a national pastime, so it makes sense that the Hockey Hall of Fame is here. Its interactive Pepsi Shut Out exhibit challenges goaltender wannabes to stop a slap shot against a virtual Wayne Gretzky. The Hall of Fame’s centerpiece is the hallowed Esso Great Hall, home to the Stanley Cup and portraits of all 366 inductees. Science buffs can stop at the Ontario Science Centre, where you can watch an IMAX film, delve into space at the planetarium, or touch a plasma ball at the Science Arcade.
The nearby Art Gallery of Ontario exhibits an astounding collection of work from Canadian artists and European masters in a Frank Gehry–designed building that centers on a circular floating staircase. Toronto is also known as a city of gardens, and you’ll find one of its best, the Toronto Music Garden, stretched out along the waterfront. Designed in part by cellist Yo-Yo Ma, the Music Garden translates the music of Bach through beautiful landscaped installations, including a winding river and giant grass steps.
What You Get
- 1-night stay for two in a Fairmont king, queen, or double room, valid for check-in Thursday–Sunday
Included in all options:
- Valet parking (a $48 value)
- Internet access (a $15 value)
- Breakfast at Epic for two (a $70 value)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 11/29/13
Travel by: 1/30/14
- Blackout dates: no blackout dates
- Cancellation policy & fees: must cancel by 6 p.m. on day of arrival or fee of 1-night's stay up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: 16% tax not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 11/29/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 1/30/14
- Limit 10 per person, may buy 10 additional as gifts
- Limit 10 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Must cancel by 6pm on day of arrival or one-night's stay up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 19+ to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- 16% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One queen bed, one king bed, or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2 adults, 1 kid (king/queen); 3 adults and 1 kid or 2 adults and 2 kids (double)
- Adding occupants above standard: C$30 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: included in value of Groupon
- Rollaways: available for an additional C$25 per night
- Smoking policy: smoking rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Pet policy: pets up to 50lbs. may be added for an additional C$25 per pet per night.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: 18 miles from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- By cab: about C$66 from YYZ, including a 15% tip
- By shuttle: C$27 for a one-way transfer from YYZ
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.