The Falls Inn & Spa - Walter’s Falls, ON
One-Night Stay for Two Adults in a Maple Suite. Up to Two Kids 16 or Younger Stay Free. Combine Up to Five Nights.
Resort with Waterfall Views and Sawmill Heritage Near Downhill Ski Trails
A series of mills churned Walters Creek from the 1850s through the 1980s. They chugged along at the exact site of the modern-day Falls Inn & Spa. Today, the mill’s legacy endures through historical photographs, oil paintings, and actual pieces of the mill sprinkled throughout the inn. There’s also a waterfall onsite—a striking remnant of the old mill operation. Guest-room balconies and the inn dining area face the cascade, where white froth frames a rocky outcropping. Inside each guest room, natural light filters through a large window and illuminates a landscape painting. There’s a heated tile system in the bathroom that keeps toes and escaped rubber duckies warm on chilly winter evenings. In the inn's restaurant (open Wednesday through Sunday), you can watch the waterfall through wall-to-wall plate glass as you sip local microbrews or reds and whites from the nearby Coffin Ridge winery. In the morning, choose from a breakfast spread of homemade scones, maple-walnut french toast made with local apples, and a fruit-and-cottage-cheese plate drizzled with local wildflower honey.
Grey County, Ontario: Waterfalls and Scenic Countryside for Snowmobiling and Skiing
The Falls Inn is located in a secluded part of Grey County, Ontario, about 62 miles (100 km) west of Barrie. Walter’s Falls is surrounded by a labyrinth of looping trails. Next to the inn, the 2.5-mile (4 km) Bruce Trail follows the tree-lined river, passing by log bridges and miniature cascades. The considerably broader Klondike Snowmobile Trail lies nearby. Snowmobilers come here to take scenic rides through the countryside. About a 30-minute drive to the east, the Blue Mountains loom over Georgian Bay. Skiers skim the slopes or strap on cross-country gear to explore parts of the Georgian Trail, which stretches along the bay to Meaford. Here, a year-round indoor farmers' market showcases local goodies such as bison meat, elk-leather moccasins, and sustainably harvested icicles.
What You Get
One-night stay for two in a Maple suite
- Option 1: C$89, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday (up to a C$150 value)
- Option 2: C$99, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday (up to a C$180 value)
Book by: 4/5/13
Travel by: 6/10/13
Included in all options:
- $15 spa credit toward a one-hour or longer spa service
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Views of Walter’s Falls and the forest
- Private balconies overlooking falls
- Two-course breakfast included
- Onsite lounge and restaurant
- Full onsite spa
- Heated tile in bathrooms
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 4/5/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 6/10/13
- Not valid 2/14-2/16
- Limit 5 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to $50 fee; 48hr cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking
- Spa credit valid only for services 1 hour or longer
- 14% tax and 3% destination fee not included
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: C$40 per night for each additional guest 17 or older, including breakfast; no charge for additional guests 16 or younger, not including breakfast
- Private balcony overlooking Walter’s Falls
- Heated tile floor in bathroom
- Satellite TV
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: upgrade to a Cherry suite for C$30 or the Mahogany suite for C$60
- By plane: about 100 miles (150 km) from Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF)
- By car: about 80 miles (130 km) northwest of Brampton
- A passport is required for all travel outside the United States.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
The Groupon Guide to: Lawyer Novels
Lawyer novels are tightly plotted thrillers, calibrated by literature technicians to take exactly one plane ride to read. What are some of the most popular legal potboilers on the shelves today?
- The Pelican Brief (John Grisham, 1992)
- The Bowfin File (Jake Chisholm, 1992)
- The Manticore Complex (Jayne Langstone, 1992)
- The Brandeis Syndicate (Frank Ludlow, 1992)
- The Ludlow Conundrum (Dora Brandeis, 1992)
- What Do Lawyers Do? (From the Babysteps™ Series of Waterproof Bath Books, 1992)
- The Henderson Account (Your boss, on his desk by 5)
- The Crenshaw Barrister (Glögg Spandau, 1992)