Top Reasons to Stay at The Harbor Lights Inn
- This bed and breakfast looks out onto Depoe Bay, considered the world’s smallest navigable harbor. Despite its size, the bay is ideal for water recreation, including charter fishing and whale-watching tours.
- Visit the nearby Whale Watching Center in the spring to take a whale-watching tour. March is a peak month for spotting gray whales.
- The inn’s Italian-themed restaurant and lounge open on Fridays and Saturdays serves handmade pasta and wine amid the glow of a roaring fireplace.
- All of the nautical-themed guest rooms boast views of the bay, and Captain’s Quarters rooms have a wood-burning fireplace. Guests can borrow books and movies from the onsite library.
- Each morning, the innkeepers serve cooked-to-order breakfast items that may include frittatas, pancakes, and eggs benedict.<p>
Depoe Bay, Oregon: Whale Watching, Fresh Seafood, and Antique Shops
Depoe Bay rests on Oregon’s coast, roughly two hours south of Portland. At just six acres, it’s been dubbed the world’s smallest harbor. In the springtime, gray whales migrate along the rocky coast. Other marine life inhabits the waters, including sea lions, porpoise, and seals. Boiler Bay State Scenic Viewpoint provides a great spot for watching albatross and pelicans dive into the tumultuous waters. Since the seawall extends through Depoe Bay’s quaint downtown area, it’s easy to take in ocean views from almost anywhere in town.
Many of the mom-and-pop restaurants in Depoe Bay serve fresh seafood and clam chowder, and boutiques sell souvenir lighthouses and other knickknacks. There are also antique shops, art galleries, and studios where you can see artists crafting blown-glass sculptures.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
93% of 207 customers recommend
“Great room, Hospitality was great. ”
“We had a great time and loved the burgers for dinner and the omelettes for breakfast!”
“enjoyed the lovely room. would love to return on a chilly day when we could use the fireplace!”
Depoe Bay, OR
235 SE South 40 Ln
Depoe Bay, OR 97341