Top Reasons to Visit The Hotel Alyeska
- The hotel is located within Chugach State Park, where you can fish for salmon, take a scenic tram ride to the top of Mount Alyeska, or hike along a glacier.
- The concierge can arrange gray whale-watching tours in nearby Resurrection Bay. Tours include lunch and depart daily from May 1–21.
- Located within the building, the hotel’s Aurora Bar & Grill serves up fresh seafood, sandwiches, salads, and pizza in cozy, family-friendly setting.
- Lemongrass-bamboo scrubs, seaweed body wraps, and arctic mud facials are just a few of the indulgent treatments available at The Spa at Alyeska.
- Take a dip in the heated indoor saltwater pool, which is surrounded by large windows looking out onto the north face of Mount Alyeska.
- Deluxe rooms on floors 4–7 feature Serta pillow-top mattresses, artwork from a turn-of-the-century Alaska photographer, and partial mountain views.
- You’re just an hour away from Anchorage, so it’s easy to make a day trip into the city.
Girdwood, Alaska: Year-Round Alpine Activities One Hour from Anchorage
The prospect of gold brought the first people to Girdwood, a small town about an hour outside of Anchorage in southern Alaska. Originally named Glacier City, it was a mining boomtown for more than 30 years. Today, however, Girdwood is best known for outdoor adventure—you can find year-round activities in Chugach State Park, a sprawling expanse of mountainous terrain that completely surrounds the town.
Girdwood’s mild summers are a perfect time to explore the park on hiking trails that range from temperate to high-alpine terrain and feature stunning views of the area’s many glaciers. For a better look at the surrounding mountains, take a scenic tram ride that travels 2,000 feet from The Hotel Alyeska to the top of Mount Alyeska (closed through May 23). Rent a bicycle to pedal down a paved trail that stretches 12 miles along the Turnagain Arm of the Cook Inlet to the neighboring town of Indian.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
95% of 273 customers recommend
“Beautiful ambiance, great pool, accommodating staff.”
“Clean, good service.”
“The room was very nice. ”