Stay at The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection - Downtown Minneapolis
Top Reasons to Visit The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
- The hotel has a prime location in downtown Minneapolis—steps from the city’s theater district and professional-sports venues.
- Before it was The Hotel Minneapolis, the all-brick high-rise was the Midland Bank Building, erected in 1906.
- Signature king rooms feature 42-inch flat-screen TVs, MP3 docking stations, and views of the downtown skyline.
- The onsite eatery, restaurant Max, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. You can apply the $10 dining credit included with this Getaway toward any dish, ranging from buttermilk pancakes ($12) to margherita flatbread ($11) and chocolate molten cake ($7).
- The hotel’s restaurant is connected to the indoor Skyway, an aboveground network of tunnels leading to a number of stops in downtown Minneapolis, including the pedestrian-friendly Nicollet Mall.
Downtown Minneapolis: Bountiful Performing-Arts Scene near Idyllic Lakes
Downtown Minneapolis is more than just the geographic epicenter of the city—it’s the cultural heart too. Sports venues that are home to the Timberwolves, Vikings, and Twins neighbor the pulsing nightclubs of the Warehouse District and the neon-lit marquees of the Hennepin Theater District. In recent years, the city’s arts scene has gotten a lot of attention, and for good reason: Minneapolis has more live theater shows per capita than any other US city except New York. Additionally, dozens of eclectic galleries complement the wide-ranging exhibits at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, which showcases everything from Japanese woodcut prints to turn-of-the-century European advertisements.
To navigate downtown with ease, step into the Skyway, the city’s ingenious solution to harsh Minnesota winters. The Skyway is a network of indoor, aboveground tunnels connecting a slew of buildings downtown. A popular stop along the way is Nicollet Mall, a shopping thoroughfare were cars are not allowed. This is where you’ll find the iconic statue of Mary Tyler Moore tossing her 10-gallon Stetson into the air.
Nicknamed “The City of Lakes,” Minneapolis has 22 natural bodies of water within the city limits. A 10-minute drive from downtown brings you to the picturesque Chain of Lakes, which are surrounded by 12 miles of walking and biking paths. In the summer, the Lake Harriet band shell hosts summer concerts, which frequently include the renowned Minnesota Orchestra.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Onsite restaurant
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour fitness center
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- 13.415% fee added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: valet parking is available for an additional $30 per day.
- Rollaways: available for an additional $20 per day.
- Smoking policy: smoking is not allowed on the property.
- Pet policy: pets 25 lb. or less may be added for an additional $100 per stay.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms may be available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 14 miles from Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- By transit: Metro Transit, Bus #10, Central Avenue and 4th Avenue stop
- By cab: about $30 from MSP
- For $1.75-$2.25, guests can take the light rail to MSP and/or the Mall of America. Light rail stations, Government Plaza and Nicollet Mall, are two blocks from the property.
The Groupon Guide to: Types of Jeans
Jeans, once only worn by workmen and laborers, are now worn by everyone from movie stars to preteen movie stars. Here's a guide to the various styles of these fashionable pants:
- Boot cut
- Barn cut
- Big, soft knees cut
- Totally sheer
- Built-in underwear
- Built-in shirt and shoes
- Acid-wash acid crotch
- Garbage Girl™ brand formal jeans
- High waisted
- Two big leg tubes, no waisted