Top Reasons to Stay at The Lodge on Little St. Simons Island
- The Lodge was voted one of the best small resorts in the United States in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2011 Readers' Choice Awards.
- It sits on a secluded, 10,000-acre private barrier island that boasts 7 miles of beaches and is accessible only by boat.
- Exclusive stay with a maximum of 32 guests on the island.
- Three meals are included daily. That includes picnics and seasonal seafood dinners prepared with organic produce from an onsite garden.
- Unlimited nonalcoholic and alcoholic beverages are included.
- Guests are entitled to the use of kayaks, bikes, and fishing gear.
- Lodge naturalists lead excursions that include creek fishing trips, beach-combing, and wildlife tours where you can possibly spot over 200 different species of birds each year.
St. Simons Island, Georgia: Coastal Marshlands and Historic Lighthouses
The largest of Georgia’s famed “golden isles,” St. Simons Island has raked in some impressive awards in recent years: AOL Travel named it one of America’s 10 Best Islands for its picturesque, marshland setting; Budget Travel cited its historical landmarks and white-sand beaches in its list of the country’s 10 best winter beach retreats; and in 2010, Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards ranked the 18-square-mile hideaway the fifth-best island in the United States. Despite these accolades, St. Simons Island remains a quiet vacation destination, one where seafood shacks and Mediterranean mansions share the same oceanfront avenue.
St. Simons is dotted with verdant marshlands, maritime forests, and scenic waterways. An extensive network of scenic biking trails picks up just outside the resort, and fishing charters and shrimp boats offer excursions year-round. You’ll get a different view of the island from the top of St. Simons Lighthouse, located a mile from the hotel. Built in 1872, this Victorian-style tower stands 104 feet tall and features exhibits relating to Coast Guard history.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“This is wonderful for a quiet weekend getaway.”
“What a marvelous experience! Keep up the good work. The naturalists are a wonderful complement to the extraordinary environment.”
“The naturalist and staff were fantastic! Couldn't have had a better time.”