Top Reasons to Stay at The Ptarmigan Inn
- It’s nestled in the Rocky Mountains of northwest Colorado, right at the base of Steamboat Resort.
- Guests of the inn enjoy ski-in, ski-out access to Steamboat’s ski gondola.
- You can enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the onsite Snowbird Restaurant and Lounge. Entrees include pork sandwiches, homemade burgers, pasta, and buffalo chicken wings.
- Every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., the restaurant hosts an après-ski happy hour that includes $2.99 appetizers and drink specials.
- You can relax in the hot tub after a long day on the slopes.
- The shops and restaurants of Steamboat Springs are within walking distance of the inn.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado: Historical Ski Town in Rocky Mountains
Tucked away in the Rocky Mountains of northwestern Colorado, the town of Steamboat Springs was named after its roiling mineral springs, which sounded to some early pioneers like a chugging steamboat. It's known as the birthplace of recreational skiing in Colorado, thanks to a ski jump built in 1914 by cross-country champion Carl Howelsen and its world-class slopes topped with light, dry snow. The slopes at Steamboat Resort continue to draw visitors to town, as do other outdoor pursuits.
There are more than 50 miles of nature trails and wildflower fields for hiking, several mountain-view golf courses, and high-country lakes and streams that provide ample fishing. One network of rivers even flows through the downtown area, with launch points along the way for seasonal tubing. The area retains vestiges of its history as a ranching center—spur-clad cowboys still stroll the main streets, which are lined with western art galleries and clothing boutiques.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
75% of 61 customers recommend
“Very nice, good pool, clean and good staff, but their beds were very bad.”
“It is an old Inn, but rooms are clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. ”
“Could be updated but good location for the price.”
The Ptarmigan Inn
2304 Apres Ski Way
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487