Hotel at a Glance: AAA Four Diamond The Sebastian – Vail
The Sebastian – Vail is an upscale boutique hotel set against Vail Mountain. In summer, you can mountain bike or hike just steps from the resort. Inside, the atrium features exposed-stone walls, an oversize fireplace, a chic antler chandelier, and sculptures and paintings by local artists. Deluxe plaza rooms are outfitted with contemporary decor in warm hues.
- Praise from the press: Named one of the World’s Best Hotels by Travel + Leisure magazine
- Unbeatable view: Admire snow-capped peaks while swimming in the outdoor pool or hot tubs
- Onsite dining: Coffee and sandwiches at Market, tapas and wine at Leonora, and cocktails at Frost
- Best place to unwind: The onsite library
- Recommended hike: The 6-mile Booth Falls trail, which wends past alpine meadows filled with wildflowers and ends at a waterfall
Vail, Colorado: Mountain Playground in the Heart of the Rockies
Set amid snowcapped peaks and ponderosa pines, Vail stands at the center of Colorado's mountain recreation scene. Nearby, White River National Forest is crisscrossed with trails and gorgeous vistas in the shadows of the Rockies. The 2.3-million-acre woodland encompasses an array of wildlife habitats and recreational ventures, allowing you to take in fresh mountain breezes while hiking, mountain biking, or playing freeze tag with boulders.
After a day of outdoor adventures, you can stop at the Colorado Ski & Snowboard Museum to learn about the evolution of winter sports. On Tuesdays, Vail Village historical walking tours branch out from the museum into the charming, European-style village.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.