All-Inclusive Oceanfront Retreat in the Dominican Republic
Kayak the clear blue waters of the Atlantic or simply sunbathe on the beach during this 5-night all-inclusive vacation from Travel by Jen. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- 5- or 7-nights of all-inclusive, garden-view accommodations at BlueBay Villas Doradas resort
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Unlimited domestic drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Daily activities including swimming, tennis, and volleyball
- Nonmotorized watersports including windsurfing, snorkeling, and sailing
- Nightly entertainment
- WiFi access in the lobby
- 3 hour party night at Kahuna Restaurant and Bar
Resort at a Glance: BlueBay Villas Doradas
BlueBay Villas Doradas is an adults-only, all-inclusive resort on the northern shore of the Dominican Republic. Guest rooms look out to the resort’s lush tropical gardens, and the sandy beaches are just steps away. Nearby is Kahuna Restaurant and Bar, located directly on Cabarete beach, on of the top ten beaches in the world for kite surfing. Package includes a 3-hour party pass, which you can pick up any time, day or night, which grants you three hours of unlimited alcohol.
- Go for a swim in one of the three pools.
- Grab a bite at the buffet or three à la carte restaurants, whose cuisines include seafood, Asian fusion, and grilled meats.
- Tee off on Playa Dorada Golf Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr.
- School’s in session: Sign up for a merengue dance lesson or sushi-making class, offered at the resort.
- Outdoor recreation includes tennis, volleyball, kayaking, and snorkeling; you can also borrow a bicycle to explore the area.
- 3-hour party night at Kahuna Bar, which offers 10% of food purchases. Guests will need to provide own transportation.
- Notable praise: BlueBay earned a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award in 2013.
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone rock formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with blooming botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro’s massive Christ the Redeemer statue. It’s also worth it to take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela, where you’ll find the remains of a church as well as ruins of a colonial village where Columbus routinely woke his neighbors by blasting the Santa Maria’s foghorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options?
Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child?
No, this is an adults-only (18+) resort.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city?
As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean?
This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Travel by Jen at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date?
Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.