All-Inclusive Vacation at 4-Star Resort on Private White-Sand Beach
Spend 5 nights basking in Cozumel’s tropical beauty at Occidental Grand Cozumel, an all-inclusive four-star property. This vacation includes:
Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from Houston, Miami, Dallas, St. Louis, Denver, or Chicago
- All-inclusive accommodations in the Grand Concierge deluxe room at Occidental Grand Cozumel
- Unlimited meals, beverages, and snacks
- Land and water sports, including scuba clinics at pool, beach volleyball, kayaking, snorkeling, water polo, sailing, and windsurfing
- Daily and nighttime entertainment
- Concierge amenities, including welcome fruit basket, bottle of wine, robes, room service, 10% spa discount, and turn down service.
Property at a Glance: Occidental Grand Cozumel
Cozumel is surrounded by crystal-clear waters and magnificent coral reefs, which can be accessed via the island’s many white-sand beaches. The 4-star Occidental Grand Cozumel enjoys a private section of one of these beaches: Playa San Francisco, which Fodor’s called one of Cozumel’s finest. From the all-inclusive resort, you can head down to the beach to use its drop-off wall and start exploring the fascinating sea life.
Start by settling into your spacious guest room, which feature private balconies and stocked mini-fridges. From the resort’s location on Cozumel’s southern coast, guests can kayak and windsurf down at the beach, or snorkel with eagle rays, sharks, and turtles out in the coral reef. Your all-inclusive stay includes several daily activities, such as volleyball and SCUBA clinics. There is a full service PADI Five Star Dive Shop adjacent to the resort. For extra fees, the resort can also arrange deep-sea fishing trips or day trips to the Mayan ruins at Tulum and Chichen Itza.
The hacienda-style resort houses six restaurants and four bars, and guests can dine for free at all locations. At the Beach Club, you can enjoy casual lunch specialties and ocean views. Los Olivos serves upscale Mediterranean fare in a dining room adorned with horse statues. Or drink and dance the night away at Occidental’s adults-only nightclub, La Mision Bar & Disco, open until 1:30 a.m.
Cozumel, Mexico: Relaxed Tropical Island with World-Class Diving
Cozumel, Mexico’s largest Caribbean island, lies just off the eastern coast of the Yucatán peninsula. Compared to Cancún—Mexico’s spring-break capital, located 50 miles north—Cozumel is decidedly laid-back. Formerly a fishing settlement, the island remains blissfully free of high-rise resorts and other signs of overdevelopment. Visitors here tend to focus more on exploring the wilderness than on late-night beach parties. Adventure-tour companies arrange expeditions by land or by sea, including trips to ancient Mayan ruins and the island’s jungles, marshes, and dive sites known for deep canyons and tunnels.
More than 500 species of fish swim among turtles, rays, and countless other aquatic animals inside the coral formations at Palancar Reef, one of the dozens of diving and snorkeling sites encircling Cozumel. Another site, just off the northwestern coast, houses a 40-passenger Convair airliner. Sunk in 1977 for the filming of a Mexican disaster movie, the plane has become overgrown with coral and sea fans and is frequented by schools of colorful parrotfish. Above the surface, you’ll find white-sand beaches frequented by sunbathers.
There’s only one city on the island—San Miguel de Cozumel, where street vendors on a waterfront promenade sell everything from jewelry to Cuban cigars. It’s also where you’ll find an assortment of clubs and bars showcasing live reggae-salsa fusion and jazz bands.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child? No, please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city? As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Travel by Jen at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.