Resort at a Glance: Union Creek Resort
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Union Creek Resort has been a destination within Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest since 1922. Notable adventurers such as Zane Grey, Jack London, and Herbert Hoover have stayed here, vacationing amid 700-year old Douglas firs and the stunning Crater Lake National Park, which is located nearby.
- Peaceful cabins: All cabins have a fridge and a microwave, and some cabins feature full kitchens, fireplaces, and wood-burning stoves.
- Play a game of pool in the main lodge, which also has a fireside library and a full-service kitchen
- Legendary homemade pies are available for sale at the onsite Beckie's Cafe
- Go snowshoeing or cross-country skiing on trails throughout the area; gear is available for rent onsite, and the hotel is partnered with a snowmobiling company offsite
- Driving time to Crater Lake National Park: 30 minutes
Prospect, Oregon: Winter Activities in Old-Growth Forest Near Crater Lake National Park
Unspoiled natural beauty characterizes the area around Prospect, Oregon. Set along the banks of the Rogue River in the heart of Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest, it's popular for outdoor activities including snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling.
It's worth the quick trip to Rogue River Gorge Falls, located within walking distance of town. For something more dramatic, there's the sapphire-blue Crater Lake, the deepest lake in the United States with a depth of 1,943 feet. It's within easy driving distance of town; it's open year-round.
“location, friendly staff and owners, nice restaurant across the street, rustic tiny cabin, accept dogs!”
“Retro feel of the cabin and proximity to a great waterfall not to mention Crater Lake”
“Rustic and cozy”