5-Night Vacation at All-Inclusive Resort
The trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from BOS, JFK, BWI, ATL, MDW, CLT, or CVG
- 5 night all-inclusive stay in a premier guest room at Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
- All meals and snacks at six restaurants
- Unlimited premium drinks at four bars
- Daily activities and entertainment
- Complimentary green fees at the 18-hole championship Runaway Bay Golf Club
- Non-motorized watersports
- Three pools with swim up bars and pool concierge
- Airport transfers from Montego Bay Sangster International Airport
Hotel at a Glance: Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort
Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort overlooks a prime stretch of sand along the northern coast of Jamaica. As part of this all-inclusive package, you can head to the white-sand beach to go windsurfing, kayaking, and snorkeling—all with no additional fees. Or you can simply station yourself in a hammock strung up between two palm trees. Other ways to spend your day: getting a massage at the on-site spa, sipping tropical cocktails at the swim-up bar, or playing a match on the tennis courts. Kids activities include hay rides, family laser tag, and beach olympics.<p>
- Grab a bite at any of the six restaurants covered under the all-inclusive plan. Cuisine ranges from burgers and sandwiches at Aquamarina Bar and Grill to Teppanyaki-style dining at the Jade Samurai.
- In-room amenities: air-conditioning, stocked refrigerators, and balconies with varying views.
- Cut a rug to live music at Bling Nightclub
- Take a dip in one of three onsite pools, including an infinity beachfront pool with swim-up bar.
- Tee off at the onsite 18-hole championship golf course, which has hosted several major tournaments including the Ryder Cup and the Jamaica Open.
Runaway Bay, Jamaica: Quiet Resort Town near Natural Wonders
Runaway Bay is set on the northern coast of Jamaica, between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios. The secluded town is one of the island’s smallest—Lonely Planet calls it “a one-street village”—and it’s noticeably quieter than its tourist-clogged neighbors. But what it lacks in size Runaway Bay makes up in natural attractions. Some of the best underwater sights in the Caribbean can be explored during scuba-diving tours of the coral reef just offshore. And about 4 miles (7 km) west of town, you can explore the limestone vaults and subterranean lakes of the Green Grotto Caves, which were used as a hideout by Spanish diehards during Jamaica’s 18th-century colonization by the English.
A scenic 25-minute drive brings you to one of the island’s most popular attractions—Dunn’s River Falls. This natural wonder consists of a series of terraced waterfalls cascading from the mountains to the sea like a gigantic flight of stairs. Thousands of travelers visit the site each year, and it even served as a filming location for the first James Bond movie, Dr. No. Today, tour groups frolic at the bottom of the falls or make the 600-foot climb to the top behind local guides.