Top Reasons to Visit Village Inn
- Located less than a half mile from the quaint town of Blowing Rock, Village Inn is a quiet mountain getaway and an ideal base for exploring the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Traditional king guest rooms are elegantly decorated and outfitted with area rugs, hardwood floors, 30-inch flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, and coffeemakers. Enjoy your complimentary bottle of wine on the private deck.
- The peaceful landscaped grounds feature a pond with a small island.
- In the morning, head to the Nickajack Lodge for a complimentary breakfast near the stone fireplace.
- Every day from 5 p.m. till 6 p.m. the inn serves a complimentary guest reception with cheese and crackers, milk and cookies, and wine.
- Village Inn is just a short walk from Blowing Rock’s Main Street, where you can browse shops and grab a bite to eat.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina: Outdoor Adventure in Blue Ridge Mountains
Bordering the Pisgah National Forest and named for a storied rock formation, Blowing Rock is a home base for outdoor recreation in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Activities range from whitewater rafting and fly-fishing in the summer to cross-country and downhill skiing in the cooler months. About 25 miles northwest of Blowing Rock is Beech Mountain Resort, where skiers and snowboarders zip down 15 trails suited to all skill levels.
Host to the annual Blowing Rock Charity Horse Show since 1923, the area is also known for its horseback riding. A popular place to ride is the Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, a historic estate on 3,600 acres of forests and meadows. Within the park there are 26 miles of carriage roads designated for walking and horseback riding. To see the sights from a car, head to the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic motorway through the Appalachians.
Back in town, Blowing Rock’s Main Street is lined with eateries and boutiques. Bargain hunters might want to stop by Tanger Outlets, home to Banana Republic, Loft, and Polo Ralph Lauren outlet stores.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.