Vintage Villas Hotel & Event Center - Austin
One-Night Stay for Up to Four with Breakfast, Valid for Check-In Sunday–Thursday. Combine Up to Three Nights.
Secluded Villas with Scenic Views of Lake Travis
With miles of undulating green terrain and pristine waterways, one could almost mistake the Texas Hill Country landscape for a tiny village in Tuscany. Such hilly topography is uncommon in typically flat Texas, an anomaly that Vintage Villas Hotel uses to its advantage: its main buildings and balconies sit above a bluff looking out toward the vast Lake Travis. Funky downtown Austin, another of the state's oddities, is just a 30-minute drive away, and the staff members of this boutique hotel can offer an insider's take on the capital's hot spots. Vintage Villas Hotel's 44 rooms are spread out over three distinct villas, each with its own theme and distinct style that reflects the character of a region in the state. South Texas rooms are rustic and cowboyish, Central Texas recalls country comfort, and East Texas evokes Victorian style with its steam-powered butlers. Vibrant colors cover the walls and many of the end tables and plush couches, lending the rooms the feel of a French country home. Original artwork, antique furniture, and old cowboy artifacts further add to the charm. A popular location for weddings, the hotel's beautifully landscaped grounds include an elegant gazebo overlooking the shimmering lake. Chef Steve Michalzik, who has appeared on PBS's Cucina Amore, whips up a hearty breakfast each morning. In addition to assorted juices, coffees, hot tea, fresh seasonal fruit, hot and cold cereal, and assorted breakfast breads, breakfasts include a hot, fresh entree that could include Tex-Mex style migas, breakfast tacos, quiche, or traditional eggs benedict.
Austin: Music-Driven Metropolis with Small-Town Feel
About 30 minutes from bustling downtown Austin, Lake Travis is a popular spot for swimming, boating, and fishing for largemouth bass, catfish, and discarded screenplays. Mountain bikers can explore Texas Hill Country's rolling hills, and hikers may prefer Zilker Metropolitan Park, where they'll find miles of wooded trails, crushed gravel trails, and footbridges. Austin's eclectic downtown has grown into one of the country's top destinations for live music, with massive music festivals each year, including South by Southwest (March 13–March 18) and Austin City Limits (October 12–October 14). In addition to its boot-scootin’ country bars, several venues host indie rock bands, jazz-funk groups, and Latin sambas.
What You Get
$69 for a one-night stay for up to four with breakfast, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday (up to a $159 value)
Book by: 2/1/13
Travel window: 1/2/13–12/10/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Wireless Internet
- Jacuzzi-style bathtubs for two
- Private balconies
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 4/30/13 or promotional value expires
- Travel window 1/2/13-12/10/13
- Not valid 2/14, 5/26-27, 7/1-4, or 9/1
- Limit 5 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 3 per visit
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Not valid for Friday or Saturday night stays
- 72 hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable one-night’s stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- 8.25% tax not included
- Not for weddings or group functions.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed, one queen bed, or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Uniquely designed villas with original artwork from local and national artists
- Spacious living area
- Private balconies and whirlpool tubs
- Check in: 4 p.m.–10 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: upgrades to weekend nights may be available upon request during booking.
- By plane: 30 miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS); 90 miles from San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
The Groupon Guide to: DVD Commentary Reveals
DVD commentaries can be fonts of behind-the-scenes trivia about all your favorite flicks. What are some secrets we learned from watching the special features?
- Only half the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park were real dinosaurs.
- Robert De Niro is a joy to work with, really gets to know everyone on set.
- The reason there are so many Batman movies is because the mask lets producers cast interchangeable nonunion stuntmen that are cheap and easy to knock around.
- Marty Scorsese is a joy to work with, takes time to get to know people.
- The special effects in Toy Story were done with computers.
- Claymation skeletons are a joy to work with, spend a lot of time sword fighting folks during breaks.
- Star Wars is based on a true trilogy.