Top Reasons to Visit Wild Palms Hotel
- It’s centrally located near San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast every morning that includes fresh, seasonal fruit.
- During the day, you can lounge by the hotel’s outdoor pool and hot tub, located in the Mediterranean-style courtyard.
- Guest rooms feature island-inspired decor including rattan furniture, coral-colored bedding, and bamboo accents.
- Five miles from the hotel is the Winchester Mystery House, a reportedly haunted estate open for tours. Its eccentric owner once kept the property’s ornate mansion under construction for 38 years straight.
- Wild Palms Hotel’s owners donate at least $200 per guest room per year to the local community.
Sunnyvale/San Jose California: Silicon Valley Cities near Wine Country
Located in northern California, Sunnyvale is one of the major cities that make up the famous Silicon Valley. It’s home to high-tech companies including Maxim Integrated and Yahoo!, as well as dozens of shops and restaurants that sprung up during the dot-com era. Just east of here is San Jose, which lies less than 60 miles from San Francisco.
It’s neighbored by Mountain View and Palo Alto, where tech giants such as Apple, Google, and Intel have their headquarters on what was once agricultural land. The new influx of money from the tech sector has attracted fine-dining restaurants, shops, and a thriving arts scene to the area.
Microchips haven’t completely taken over the former farmland around San Jose, though. The jagged Santa Cruz Mountains and rolling valleys have rich soils for growing grapes. Silicon Valley wine country has more than 30 wineries that produce pinot noir, syrah, and zinfandel. There’s also a wide selection of golf courses that you can enjoy year-round thanks to the area’s Mediterranean-like weather.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.