Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Glenview Suites
Wyndham Glenview Suites makes it easy to explore Glenview and nearby Chicago, thanks to a complimentary area shuttle. It makes stops within a five-mile radius of the hotel, transporting guests to nearby attractions as well as Metra trains to the Loop. After a day of seeing the sights, guests can return to spacious suites and unwind in the indoor heated pool and hot tub.
- In-room amenities: 32-inch TV with premium cable, pillow-top mattresses, and a wet bar with mini fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker
- Hidden oasis: The hotel has a garden atrium with waterfalls and lush greenery.
- Onsite dining choices: an upscale bistro, bar and grill, and cafe, where you'll enjoy a complimentary breakfast for two
- Steak dinner for two: includes an appetizer, entrees, salads, and a bottle of house wine
- Stay connected with free WiFi and a business center, where you can use the computer, make copies, and send faxes.
Glenview, Illinois: Chicago Suburb with Naval Air History
A northern suburb of Chicago, the quiet town of Glenview is just a 30-minute drive or 30- to 45-minute train ride from the city. The community played a key role in the nation's defenses during World War II; Naval Air Station Glenview was the largest primary air training facility for the US Navy. After the war, it continued to serve as a training center for Naval Air and Marine Air reserves until 1995.
Today, the site of the old naval air station has been transformed into The Glen, a trendy neighborhood with restaurants, shops, and modern apartments. The neighborhood boasts a 10-theater cinema, an 18-hole golf course, and lots of public parks. Kids will enjoy the interactive Kohl Children's Museum and Make-a-Messterpiece, a creative arts studio designed for pint-size Picassos age 12 and younger. A couple of miles away, the Glenview Ice Center is open for skating seven days a week.