Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Green Valley Canoa Ranch Resort
This misson-style hotel is a desert oasis set amid two championship golf courses at the foot of the Santa Rita Mountains. The shopping and restaurants of Tucson are just a short drive away.
- Driving time from Tucson: 30 minutes
- Golf courses: Canoa Ranch designed by Lee Schmidt and Brian Hurley, Torres Blancas designed by y Lee Trevino and Ocampo & Fernande. Both courses offer panoramic views of the Green Valley.
- Beat the heat: In the outdoor pool
- Complimentary breakfast buffet: Including made to order omelet station
- Grilled salmon and pork tenderloin: Specialties at The Grill on the Green, which overlooks Canoa Ranch Golf Course
Green Valley, Arizona: Desert Golfing Haven near Tucson
When you cross the street in Green Valley, make sure to look both ways for golf carts. It's a popular and prosperous golfing destination dotted with country clubs and public greens that provide a lush contrast to the surrounding desert.
The valley sits in the shadow of the Santa Rita Mountain range, most of which lies within the Coronado National Forest, where you can find horseback riding, hiking, and biking trails snaking through rocky cliffs. Birdwatchers should check out Madera Canyon at the base of the mountains, where rare spotted owls and more than 15 species of hummingbirds make their homes.
There's plenty to do within a short drive of Green Valley—you can explore Colossal Cave or take kids to the Asarco Mineral Discovery Center to learn about the area's mining industry. For shopping and fine dining, make the 30-minute drive to Tucson, where you can also wander through the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.