Top Reasons to Stay at Yosemite Pines
- Located just 22 miles from the western entrance to Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Pines offers a convenient and comfortable base camp for hiking, biking, and exploring the park.
- Individual cabins accommodate between two and eight people depending on the unit. Standard, deluxe, premium, premium loft, and luxury cabins include full kitchens, while basic and cozy cabins come equipped with small fridges, microwaves, and coffee pots.
- Guests can take a dip in the onsite swimming pool, play volleyball, or let their kids loose on the jungle gym. There’s also an animal-petting area with alpacas.
- You can stock up on sundries at the convenience store, or grab a quick bite at the Yosemite Pines Deli, located in the pool area.
- At the onsite “gold mine,” children can learn how to pan for gold with a sluice box.
Groveland, California: Gateway to Year-Round Adventure at Yosemite National Park
Roughly 120 miles southeast of Sacramento, the town of Groveland is a gateway to Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site that welcomes millions of visitors every year. About 45 miles from the hotel, the full-service Badger Pass Ski Area—which closes for the season on March 31—features 10 runs, five lifts, and a beginner-friendly terrain park.
Spring is one of the best times to see Yosemite’s famed waterfalls, thanks to the snowmelt brought on by warmer weather. Yosemite Falls—a three-tiered waterfall considered the highest in North America—transforms into thundering cataracts each spring. Serious hikers can trek to the top on the strenuous Upper Yosemite Falls trail, which gains 2,700 feet in elevation in just 3.5 miles.
Though much of the park is covered in snow through May, springtime has its perks. Stroll the 5-mile loop around Mirror Lake, which dries up and becomes a meadow in other seasons. In the spring, it’s full of water reflecting one of the park’s most iconic geologic formations, the granite Half Dome.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.