Top Reasons to Stay at Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
- Located just a few miles from the southern entrance to Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites is a convenient base for visitors who want to explore the area.
- The king mini suite, at nearly 520 square feet, has ample space to spread out and a microwave and refrigerator.
- Perks include a daily continental breakfast, 24-hour coffee bar, and free WiFi.
- Guests can keep up with workout routines at the onsite fitness center and go for a dip in the outdoor hot tub (open seasonally).
- Nearby Yosemite National Park is a haven for outdoor recreation no matter the season—you can go downhill skiing in winter and hiking amid waterfalls in spring.
Oakhurst, California: Gateway to Year-Round Adventure at Yosemite National Park
Less than 50 miles northeast of Fresno, the town of Oakhurst is a gateway to the southern portion of Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site that welcomes millions of visitors every year. Thanks to low elevations, much of the Yosemite Valley remains accessible to drivers, hikers, and snowball poachers throughout the winter. About 45 miles from the hotel, the full-service Badger Pass Ski Area features 10 runs, five lifts, and a beginner-friendly terrain park. You can rent skis, snowboards, and snowshoes here, and even take a guided snowshoe hike to see some of Yosemite's best views. Crowds at Yosemite are much smaller in winter, meaning you can explore the park at an unhurried pace and experience it as few visitors can.