Top Reasons to Stay at Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites
- Located just a few miles from the southern entrance to Yosemite National Park, Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites is a convenient base for visitors who want to explore the area.
- The nearly 520-square-foot king suites and family mini suites are well suited for families, with ample space for the whole brood.
- Perks include a daily continental breakfast, 24-hour coffee bar, and free WiFi.
- Guests can keep up with workout routines at the onsite fitness center and go for a dip in the outdoor hot tub (open seasonally).
- Nearby Yosemite National Park is a haven for outdoor recreation no matter the season—you can go downhill skiing in winter and hiking amid waterfalls in spring.
Oakhurst, California: Gateway to Year-Round Adventure at Yosemite National Park
Less than 50 miles northeast of Fresno, the town of Oakhurst is a gateway to the southern portion of Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site that welcomes millions of visitors every year. Thanks to low elevations, much of the Yosemite Valley remains accessible to drivers, hikers, and snowball poachers throughout the winter. About 45 miles from the hotel, the full-service Badger Pass Ski Area features 10 runs, five lifts, and a beginner-friendly terrain park.
Crowds at Yosemite are much smaller in the cooler months, meaning you can explore the park at an unhurried pace and experience it as few visitors can. Spring is one of the best times to see the famed waterfalls, thanks to the snowmelt brought on by warmer weather. Yosemite Falls—a three-tiered waterfall considered the highest in North America—transforms into thundering cataracts each spring. Serious hikers can trek to the top on the strenuous Upper Yosemite Falls trail, which gains 2,700 feet in elevation in just 3.5 miles.
Though much of the park is covered in snow through May, springtime has its perks. Stroll the 5-mile loop around Mirror Lake, which dries up and becomes a meadow in other seasons. In the spring, it’s full of water reflecting one of the park’s most iconic geologic formations, the granite Half Dome.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
93% of 103 customers recommend
“Clean, nice, friendly staff!”
“Great Place, recommend”
“We enjoyed our stay, the staff was friendly and helpful and the continental breakfast was great. If we go back to Yosemite we will definitely book here again.”
40644 California 41
Oakhurst, CA 93644