Yosemite View Lodge - Near Yosemite National Park
2-Night Stay for Up to Four in a River-View Room with Spa Basket and $10 Dining Credit. Combine Up to 4 Nights.
Riverside Lodge Minutes from Yosemite National Park
Once it leaves Yosemite National Park, the Merced River picks up speed, developing whitewater rapids by the time it barrels past Yosemite View Lodge. This secluded inn is tucked into the Sierra Nevadas along the park's western border. Guest-room balconies overlook untouched wilderness centered on the rushing river and towering pines lining it on both sides. A short drive takes you to the entrance of the park, where you can behold Yosemite’s snow-covered peaks.
A private balcony or terrace is attached to each queen river-view room. Guests can warm up by the fireplace or brew a pot of coffee in the kitchenette. Each guest room is also outfitted with a spa tub, where you can make use of the soap, lotion, and scrub included with the spa gift bag.
Outdoor hot tubs sit on the river's edge, enabling splash wars with passing trout, but you can take a dip in the indoor pools if you’d rather stay inside. For a hearty meal before an outdoor adventure, visit the mountain-cabin-esque River Restaurant & Lounge, which serves upscale, traditional American breakfasts as well as dinner year-round. For lighter bites, the Yosemite View Convenience Store sells groceries for lodgers looking to prepare their own meals and snacks.
El Portal, California: Gateway to Winter Adventure in Yosemite National Park
California State Route 140 follows the snaking Merced River 20 miles into Yosemite National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site that welcomes millions of visitors every year. Much of the Yosemite Valley, as well as the Wawona area farther south, remains accessible to drivers, hikers, and snowball poachers throughout the winter.
Crowds are much smaller in the cooler months than during the summer rush, meaning you can leisurely explore the park while introducing yourself to its cold-weather beauty. On some early March mornings, frazil ice formed from the frozen mist of waterfalls can transform Yosemite Creek into a churning plume of slush.
What You Get
- $219 for a 2-night stay for up to four in a river-view room (up to a $493 value)
- Spa basket
- $10 dining credit
Policies and Fees
Book by: 11/22/13
Travel by: 1/31/14
- Blackout dates: no blackout dates
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to $7.50 fee. 8-day cancellation notice required or fee of 25% of applicable 1-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies.
- Taxes: 11% tax not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Located just outside Yosemite National Park
- Indoor and outdoor hot tubs
- Indoor pool
- River Restaurant & Lounge
- Onsite convenience store
- Fireplaces and kitchenettes
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 11/22/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 1/31/14
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 2 per visit.Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to $7.50 fee
- 8-day cancellation notice required or fee of 25% of applicable one-night's stay up to the amount paid for Groupon applies
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- 11% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge
- Balcony overlooking the river
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 50 lbs. may be added for an additional $5 per day.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 101 miles from Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
- By car: about 98 miles north of Fresno