Z NYC Hotel - Queens, New York
One-Night Stay for Two in a Superior Room with $20 Dining Credit and Wine or Champagne. Combine Up to Three Nights.
Stylish 4-Star Boutique Hotel Minutes from Manhattan
Split-flap displays (also known as "Solari boards") were once a hallmark of American railway stations—as passenger trains depart and arrive, the flaps spin with new city names and times, the displays flipping like a deck of cards through an automatic shuffler. This same old-fashioned display hangs in the lobby of Z NYC Hotel, but instead of departure and arrival times, the board features welcome messages in multiple languages, located above stacks of vintage steamer trunks. It's a nod to the old days of Grand Central Station in nearby midtown Manhattan, and much of the 4-star boutique hotel's decor exudes the style of a charming 1920s-style building.
At night, the Long Island City hotel acts like a miniature city in and of itself: jazzy live piano music emanates from the downstairs lounge kiosk, its area lined with black-leather booths. On the rooftop bar, Z Roof, bartenders craft tropical cocktails amid uninterrupted 360-degree views of the East River, Queensboro Bridge, and the spectacular Manhattan skyline. In the morning, guests can have breakfast into the 24-hour onsite diner, where chefs bake fresh bagels and baguettes. The hotel also offers complimentary transportation to and from midtown Manhattan throughout the day, quickly taking guests to Times Square, Central Park, and the retail shops on 5th Avenue.
In the superior rooms, a wall of windows stretches from floor to ceiling, opening up to Manhattan’s skyscrapers and streetscapes. Murals of iconic New York scenes— from the Rockettes to taxi cabs—decorate the black-and-white walls of the rooms, and the hotel has turned mason jars into hanging lamps. For a romantic nightcap, guests can crack open their included bottle of wine or champagne and queue up their own playlists of crickets chirping to the tune of Al Jarreau songs on the room’s iPod docking station.
Long Island City, New York: Historical Queens Neighborhood Minutes from Manhattan
Located just over the East River in Queens, Long Island City is mostly defined by its artistic community. Contemporary-art museums, graffiti galleries, and sculpture parks are scattered along the coast. The neighborhood is home to MoMA PS1, a Museum of Modern Art–affiliated experimental exhibit space—its website describes itself as a “true artistic laboratory.” For food, you’ll find international bistros, pizzerias, and bakeries serving homemade fare that reflects Long Island City’s ethnic diversity.
What You Get
- $139 for a one-night stay in a superior queen or superior twin room with $20 dining credit and a bottle of wine or champagne ($235 average value)
Book by: 2/24/13
Travel window: 1/1/13-3/31/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Views of Manhattan skyline
- Onsite restaurant and lounge
- Two rooftop bars
- Free continental breakfast
- Free WiFi and phone calls
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 2/24/2013 or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 1/1/13-3/31/13
- Limit 3 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts
- Limit 3 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 72 hour cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in and to consume alcohol
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not valid with other offers
- $3.50 city service charge per night and 14.75% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Superior Queen or Superior Twin Room
- One queen bed or two twin beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not applicable
- LCD TV
- iPod docking station
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free street parking available
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 15 pounds may be added for a nonrefundable fee of $100.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking
- Room upgrades: upgrade to a deluxe king for an extra $50.
- By plane: about 6 miles from LaGuardia International Airport (LGA); about 16 miles from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- By transit: MTA subway, 23 Street-Ely Avenue stop on E and M lines; Queensboro Plaza stop on 7, 7X, N, or Q lines; or 21 Street-Queensbridge stop on F line
- By cab: about $15 from LGA; about $35 from JFK
- By shuttle: $40 one-way shuttle service to JFK; $25 one-way shuttle service to LGA
- Save on cab fare. Z NYC Hotel offers a free five-minute shuttle service from Long Island City to midtown Manhattan every hour from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. into Manhattan and from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. from Manhattan.
The Groupon Guide to: Monster Weaknesses
Everyone knows that the world is plagued with real monsters, from bullying to illiteracy—but the world is also plagued by even realer monsters, from vampires to swampmen. Fortunately, you can defeat any beast real or imagined with this list of their monster weaknesses:
Weakness: Silver. Although silver bullets are a traditional means of felling the feral beast, blindly chucking your grandmother’s jewelry into the forest will poison their habitat for generations.
Weakness: Wooden Steak. The vampires will foolishly bite into the delicious-looking “steak,” thus breaking off their fangs and rendering them helpless.
Weakness: Your Friend Who Has a Goatee. He has been training his whole life for this moment. Time to shine, Zachary.