Horses are some of the most perceptive animals, as evidenced by the saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't explain his intimate knowledge of your childhood fears." Tap into equine insight with this Groupon.
Choose from Nine Options
$32 for one six-hour day camp for kids ages 4–11 (a $65 value). Choose from the following days:
- Tuesday, April 2: Break Spring Break Boredom
- Sunday, May 5: Frolic with the Ponies
- Wednesday, June 5: Summer Fun on a Farm
- Friday, June 7: Summer Fun on a Farm
- Wednesday, June 19: It's All About the Animals
- Wednesday, August 14: It's All About Being Outdoors on a Farm
- Thursday, August 15: It's All About Being Outdoors on a Farm
- Sunday, September 8: It's Harvest Time
$250 for a weeklong summer camp (a $500 value)
- Available August 5–9 only
- Limited to 10 children ages 5–12
During day camps, kids ages 4–11 retreat to the farm from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., experiencing everything from feeding live goats and tending a garden to riding line-led horses or ponies. Specific activities vary depending on the day's theme—in the Break Spring Break Boredom camp, for instance, campers search for mud puddles, play in the garden, and either bathe the horses or braid their manes. Likewise, the Frolic with the Ponies camp teams challenges kids to guide a four-legged companion through an obstacle course and flowers in the garden without them squirming away.
Founder Sarah Rose McGuire dedicates her stable to rescuing and rehabilitating horses that may have been neglected or abused by a former owner. During lessons for children 3–12, both horse and child benefit from gentle interspecies interaction: the rescued horses learn to trust their pint-sized human partners and the children enjoy themselves or overcome their fears of riding or being recruited as a jockey. The 60-minute sessions illuminate the subtleties of equine grooming, tack, and proper riding form, with new riders leashed on a lead line until they demonstrate mounted mastery. An experienced trainer with a class A show pedigree conducts each lesson in a private one-on-one format, though two siblings may take their lessons together.