The sound of gunfire can top 160 decibels, rivaling the loudness of a jet engine or a bullfrog croaking into a megaphone. Renew your respect for earplugs with this Groupon.
$17 for 30 Minutes of Virtual-Marksmanship Training for Up to Four ($35 Value)
Marksmen of all ability levels step onto the academy's 180-degree virtual training simulator. More than 80 target-based training scenarios—including basic, steel, and competitive match targets—play on three 8'x10' screens. Guests use real firearms that are outfitted with a laser system but still produce the same recoil and firing action as they would with live ammo.
Gander Mountain Academy
- Live-fire ranges feature automatic targets with touch-screen controls
- Extra-wide stalls allow for instructor-assisted sessions
- Fully-armored partitions
- Traps acomodate rifles of calibers up to .300 Winchester Magnum
- Virtual ranges mimic the live ranges without the noise or projectiles, enhancing safety
- Customers supply their own guns for live-fire sessions
- Virtual ranges and simulators equip guests with simulated firearms
At a Glance
Gander Mountain Academy's simulators render virtual targets at varying distances and with real-world precision, including accurate bullet holes. The simulators' technology delivers an array of training benefits, such as making the experience less intimidating for novices and letting advanced students choose more sophisticated target scenarios. Gander Mountain's ownership developed this training technology upon recognizing that with nearly 120 stores, it was among the nation's largest retailer of firearms. This led to Gander Mountain Academy, a place where technology meets elite-training resources previously available only to the military and law enforcement.