Golf is so beloved because it combines two of humankind's favorite things—hitting stuff and driving on someone else's lawn. Play through with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $99 for a nine-hole playing lesson for one (up to a $215 value)
- $139 for a nine-hole playing lesson for two (up to a $350 value)
Class A PGA teaching professional Gene Hori accompanies players through nine holes of golf at Malibu Golf Club, allowing for instruction on not only swing mechanics but also such strategic skills as course management and decision making.
Malibu Golf Club
Perched amid the Santa Monica Mountains since 1977, Malibu Golf Club welcomes players to its hilly hideaway with a William Francis Bell layout that hearkens back to course design of the early 20th century. Golfers sling their tee shots down slender fairways wedged into the bottoms of tight, heavily wooded ravines, leaving little room for error when hitting off the tee or using the ravine as a golf-cart halfpipe. Treacherous though it is, only twice does the course's difficulty arise from water hazards: the par-3 seventh hole's 194-yard tee shot runs entirely over water, and the par-4 ninth calls for a heroic, aqua-laden approach.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par-72 course
- Total length of 6,614 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 72.6 from the back tees
- Course slope of 132 from the back tees
- Three sets of tees per hole