Boat captains must master nautical lexicon before sailing the seas to ensure that they can distinguish port, which means left, from starboard, which means launch the vessel into deep space. Count down to a sea launch with this Groupon.
Choose from Seven Options
$39 for a Christmas boat parade (an $80 value)
Choose from the following options:
- 3-hour Los Angeles Harbor cruise on December 1 at 6:30 p.m.
- 3-hour Huntington Harbor cruise on December 8 at 5 p.m.
- 3-hour Huntington Harbor cruise on December 9 at 5 p.m.
- 3-hour Long Beach cruise on December 15 at 5:30 p.m.
- 3-hour Newport Beach cruise on December 19 at 5:30 p.m.
- 3-hour Newport Beach cruise on December 20 at 5:30 p.m.
- 3-hour Newport Beach cruise on December 23 at 5:30 p.m.
Three-hour cruises provide watery views of festive decorations. Guests should wear warm clothing and soft-soled shoes, and bring a blanket. Cruises are BYOB, with cups, mixers, and ice provided, and hot chocolate and cider are available for purchase on the vessel.
Getaway Charters and Adventures
Captain Gary Jackson originally cut his aquatic teeth as a PADI scuba-diving training coordinator and instructor. From there, it didn't take him long to found a charter company around his dive boat, the Psalty V, and today he leads harbor tours and dive trips from its deck. His vessel and crew also takes visitors on whale-watching trips as well as harbor cruises, where guests pass by one of the world's busiest harbors, where super-cargo ships, private yachts, and sea lions abound. His dive instruction teaches the basics of deep, nitrox, and wreck diving to ensure that his clients feel comfortable graduating from diving in the bathtub to the outdoor kiddie pool and beyond.