True wine connoisseurs teach themselves to distinguish varietals, identify flawed bottles, and cry pure chardonnay. Become one with the grape with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
Westlake Village location:
- $65 for a 75-minute wine tasting and class with a take-home bottle of wine for two ($130 value)
- $99 for a five-course winemaker dinner for one on April 11 ($300 value)
During the 75-minute class, which is held at 5:30 p.m. on Fridays, guests learn to make five gallons of wine, while also taking home a bottle of chardonnay.
- $24 for a 70-minute wine tasting and class for one ($80 value)
- $45 for a 70-minute wine tasting and class for two ($160 value)
- $359 for a one-year winemaking course for one ($1,000 value)
- $650 for a one-year winemaking course for two ($2,000 value)
During the 70-minute wine tastings and classes, which are held at 3:30 p.m. on Sundays, guests learn how wine is made, view the winery's production facility, and taste two red wines, two white wines, and two dessert wines.
The winemaking course is composed of four sessions, held on weekends. During the first class, students learn about and participate in crushing and pressing. The second session, a racking class, includes a barrel tasting. Students blend wines and learn to create their desired taste in the third class. The course ends with students hand bottling and labeling six wines to bring home. In addition, there is a potluck to conclude the class.
According to the clever folks at Giessinger Winery, the best wine is the one you like. Following that logic, they invite visitors into tasting rooms to sample the winery's many varieties and figure out which most agrees with their palate. Bestowed with the honor of Santa Barbara's Best Winery and Best Tasting Room in Santa Barbara by the U.S. Commerce Association in 2013, resident winemaker Edouard Giessinger and his associate Justin Tatum also lead groups through the nuanced process of crafting wines during comprehensive classes, wherein visitors can learn how wine is made, visit the production facility, and even taste wines.