Ending up with a title is the ultimate goal of anyone who has ever played pro sports or poisoned a king. Dream big with this GrouponLive deal.
- Ticket packages to see the 2014 Major League Ultimate Championship game
- When: Saturday, July 19, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: PPL Park
- Door time: One hour before game time
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $10 for one ticket for general admission seating in sections 122–125 or 129–132 (a $22.50 value)
- $14 for one ticket for reserved seating in midfield sections 126–128 (a $31 value)
- $35 for four tickets for general admission seating in sections 122–125 or 129–132 (a $90 value)
The Scouting Report
Though there are plenty of games left before the Major League Ultimate playoffs, it's never too early to daydream about who might snatch the second championship in league history. The standings suggest that the DC Current and the Portland Stags have emerged as the favorite in the Eastern and Western conferences, respectively, as both teams only have one loss each this season. Though they've only managed a 4–3 record, the defending champion Boston Whitecaps seem like a plausible dark horse, as they've outscored opponents by 33 goals—the most in the league. The MLU's scheduling quirks add to the championship game's drama; there are no interconference games in the regular season, so the title duel will be the first time any East- and West-coast players criticize each other's dialects on the field.
Major League Ultimate
In 2012, the Philadelphia Spinners won the 2012 American Ultimate Disc League championship. Surprisingly, Spinners' coach and GM Jeff Snader was not satisfied with the spoils of victory; he wanted a league that would better capitalize on the enthusiasm for the sport. Snader and the Spinners walked away from their title defense, instead forming Major League Ultimate and establishing rivalries with fellow frisbee fanatics on both the East and West coast. The MLU played its inaugural season in 2013, comprised of two four-team conferences fielded from major cities on both coasts, respectively.
1 Stadium Dr
Chester, Pennsylvania 19013Get Directions