The right lighting can set the mood, whether it's the twinkle of fireflies, a full moon in a starry sky, or a glowing lava flow oozing through a downtown thoroughfare. Heat up the night with this GrouponLive deal.
- $29 for two tickets to (313) to the (212) Choreography Expo (up to $40 value)
- When: Saturday, March 22, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: main floor
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
(313) to the (212) Choreography Expo
- The title: it's a nod to the area codes of Detroit and New York City
- How that relates to choreography: both Detroit and New York City are a hub for contemporary choreographers and dancers
- Who will be there: seven renowned choreographers, including Sonya Tayeh of Fox's So You Think You Can Dance
- Representing the cities: four dance companies from Detroit and three from New York City will show off their skills on stage
- Will there be a dance battle?: No, but there will be an explosion of contemporary moves that will make both cities proud
Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 1928, Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts dazzles patrons with an ornate art-deco façade and lush Spanish Renaissance interior. Elegant columns, glittering chandeliers, and vibrant geometric patterns create a palatial atmosphere in the lobby. The auditorium's intimately arranged velvet seats leave every viewer within 70 feet of the stage, eliminating the need for binoculars or drawn-out games of telephone describing the onstage action.