Festivals celebrate what gives a neighborhood its character, from its cultural heritage to its traffic signs designed by local children. Get some local flavor with this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission to the 37th Annual Vidalia Onion Festival
- When: Friday, April 25–Saturday, April 26 at 10 a.m.; music begins at 5 p.m.
- Where: Historic Downtown Vidalia on Friday, Vidalia Regional Airport on Saturday
- Door time: Friday at 6 p.m., Saturday at 10 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the schedule of events.
- $12 for two two-day passes (up to $20 value)
- $20 for four two-day passes (up to $40 value)
37th Annual Vidalia Onion Festival
- What it is: a celebration of the harvest of Georgia's official state vegetable, the Vidalia sweet onion, featuring days of cooking, dancing, arts and crafting, and jokes about crying
- Where you've heard about it: on the Food Network, and on NBCNews.com's list of "5 Don't-Miss Festivals"
- Musical act that will have people dancing in the street on Friday night: The Temptations Review with Dennis Edwards
- Dennis Edwards is: one of the lead singers of the famous Motown act
- Other Friday night act who might caramelize onions within earshot: Alabama blues rocker Chris Simmons
- Saturday night acts adding even more flavor to the air: Uncle Kracker, Parmalee, and Old Dominion
- Uncle Kracker is: the laid-back performer who mixes rap-rock and pop-country on songs including "Follow Me" and "Smile"; heir to the saltine fortune
- Evidence that Parmalee loves Carolina: just listen to their chart-topping single "Carolina," from the album Feels Like Carolina
- How to ensure you won't win a kissing contest: by entering Saturday's "World Famous Onion Eating Contest"
100 Vidalia Sweet Onion Dr.
Vidalia, Georgia 30474