Before modern cinema, the term "motion picture" referred to tossing children's artwork out the car window. Catch a flick with this Groupon.
- 9th Annual Sunscreen Film Festival
- When: Thursday, May 1, through Sunday, May 4
- Where: The Palladium Theater, Studio 620, The Dali Museum, and American Stage
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the schedule of all films and events.
- $29 for one single-day pass (up to $52 value)
- $99 for one four-day VIP pass (up to $154 value)
VIP passes include:
- Access to all films, workshops, events, and parties throughout the festival
- Entrance to the kickoff party on Saturday, April 19, at 7 p.m.
- Entrance to the exclusive filmmaker party on Friday, May 2
- Entrance to the awards ceremony and after party on Saturday, May 3
- Click to view VIP event locations and details
9th Annual Sunscreen Film Festival
- Confessions of a Womanizer: Gary Busey, C. Thomas Howell, and the WWE’s Bella Twins star in this comedy about a the unlikely friendship between a compulsive womanizer and a transgender prostitute. The filmmakers have begun a campaign to nominate Gary Busey for a Best Supporting Actor award due to his performance.
- Bound by Sea: This documentary follows Jack Viorel and his daughter as they traverse four oceans in one year to inspire children with disabilities.
- DAR HE: The Lynching of Emmett Till: Adapted from Mike Wiley’s one-man play, this dramatization brings to life the interviews and events surrounding the lighting rod for the Civil Rights Movement—the slaying of a 14-year-old boy.
- Click here to view all screening films.
- Claim to fame: The Sunscreen Film Festival is one of just 23 film festivals sponsored by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Workshops: Award-winning producer Nathan Nazzario joins other Hollywood insiders to discuss and demystify screenwriting, acting, promotion, landing an agent, and leaving award parties with the maximum amount of shrimp in your pockets.
- Fun stuff: Parties, karaoke, and receptions let movie buffs experience the lighter side of being in the business.