- $25 for one ticket to see ABBA Mania (up to $49.92 value)
- When: Friday, November 15, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Riverside Theater
- Seating: first or second floor
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Who they are: a polished, world-traveling tribute band based out of London's West End
- Where you've seen them (if you're European): joined by original ABBA members for a television special viewed by more than 11 million people in celebration of ABBA's 30th anniversary
- Hits you'll hear: "Mamma Mia," "Voulez Vous," "Dancing Queen," "Winner Takes It All"
- What you'll see: accurate costumes, colorful lights, live instruments, multimedia spectacles, probably at least one ABBA T-shirt
The Riverside Theater
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO's Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium's lavish drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.