- $23.50 for one ticket to see ABBA Mania ($57 value)
- When: Saturday, November 16, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Raue Center for the Arts
- Seating: zone C
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Who they are: a polished, world-traveling tribute band based out of London's West End
- Where you've seen them (if you're European): joined by original ABBA members for a television special viewed by more than 11 million people in celebration of ABBA's 30th anniversary
- Hits you'll hear: "Mamma Mia," "Voulez Vous," "Dancing Queen," "Winner Takes It All"
- What you'll see: accurate costumes, colorful lights, live instruments, multimedia spectacles, probably at least one ABBA T-shirt
Raue Center for the Arts
When it originally opened in 1929, the Raue Center for the Arts was dubbed "El Tovar," though no one knew what that meant—it was jut a term overheard by one of the venue's founders on a trip to the west coast. Regardless of its meaning (or lack of one), the name seemed to accurately define the theater's elegance, from the star-filled sky of its ceiling to the facades of Spanish buildings lining its walls.
El Tovar drifted into deterioration over the years, undergoing several different monikers as it switched from owner to owner. Luckily, a generous bequest from Crystal Lake resident Lucile Raue led to a much-needed restoration. A two-year renovation left the theater looking as glamorous as it did when it was El Tovar—seats were reupholstered, and every android usher received an oil change.