Without the applause of an audience, actors have no way of knowing how well they've died. Stand and ovate with this GrouponLive deal to see A Couple of Blaguards, performed by the Actors Theater of Minnesota at The Cabaret at Camp Bar. For $24, you get general admission for two (up to a $59 value). Choose from the following showtimes:
- Friday, March 1, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 2, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 3, at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 8, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9, at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 10, at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13, at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14, at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 22, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 23, at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 29, at 7 p.m.
Originally penned by brothers Frank and Malachy McCourt, authors of Angela’s Ashes and A Monk Swimming, respectively, A Couple of Blaguards is a vaudeville-style exploration of their experiences growing up in Ireland and escaping to America. Actors Ross Young and Chris Whiting step into the roles of the two “blaguards,” which Malachy describes as a term of endearment for rowdy, outgoing boys who sometimes indulge in drinking. Through song and an Irish brand of storytelling, the siblings keep audiences captivated by their adventurous story peppered with comedic moments and poignant thoughts.
Actors Theater of Minnesota
Although it’s known for comedies such as the two-man, 24-character A Tuna Christmas, Actors Theater of Minnesota also places a significant emphasis on education and corporate training. At The Creative Institute, the ensemble trains students how to work theatrical media such as improv and writing into their everyday problem-solving skills.
The Cabaret at Camp Bar
490 N Robert St.
Saint Paul, MN 55101