Drinking is like performing in a play: you become wittier, none of your promises count, and after particularly memorable performances you get to read about it in the paper. Mix up a natural match with this GrouponLive deal to see the Actors Theater of Minnesota's production of Bye Bye Liver – Spring Break Edition at Camp Bar. For $24, you get general admission for two (up to a $49 value, including all fees). Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. Choose from the following performances:
- Saturday, April 6, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 12, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 19, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 19, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, April 26, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 3, at 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 10, at 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11, at 9:30 p.m.
A clamor of booze-sodden, spring-break archetypes bellies up to Frank's Bar in this interactive theater experience, playing out uproarious scenes recognizable to any barfly or beachgoer. Between slurred bits of sketch comedy, the actors invite the audience to participate in drinking games akin to Never Have I Ever and Explain Where Your Shirt Went. The quick-witted cast is culled from this troupe and others, including Brave New Workshop Theater, Stevie Ray's Comedy Cabaret, and the Fringe Festival. The Twin Cities Daily Planet's Becca Mitchell praised the half-play-half-party for doing “a great job of … reveling in the familiarity of certain drunken scenarios.” The performance is likely to inspire a powerful thirst in the audience, easily managed by the fully stocked bar.