When comedians get onstage, they open their lives to audiences and to any burglars who realize they won't be home for hours. Help yourself to comedic treasures with this GrouponLive deal.
- Cedric the Entertainer comedy show for two (up to 45% off)
- When: Saturday, July 20, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre
- Section: orchestra
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Choose Between Two Options
- $75 for two tickets (up to a $135.90 value)
- $110 for two tickets (up to a $135.90 value) with a meet and greet (a $50 value; up to a $185.90 total value)
Cedric the Entertainer
Warning: contains a few dirty little words, but it's Cedric, so it doesn't sound dirty
It takes some confidence to change your surname to "the Entertainer," but Cedric Antonio Kyles has lived up to the title for decades. After his first TV appearance on It's Showtime at the Apollo in 1992, the funnyman quickly graduated to Def Comedy Jam, hosted BET's venerable Comicview, and won the BET Richard Pryor Comic of the Year award in 1994. As the sidekick on The Steve Harvey Show, Cedric the Entertainer became a household name as he popped up in a string of hit movies, including Madagascar and Barbershop.
It may have been his induction into The Original Kings of Comedy that turned the most fans onto Cedric's wily, honest, yet rarely vulgar standup routine and required that he take out an insurance policy on his hats. These days, between standup sets, he commands television audiences as one of his latest creations: Reverend Boyce, the raunchy R&B singer turned spiritual guide at the center of TV Land's The Soul Man.