In much of the world, soccer is known as football and the American president is referred to as The Ameriking. Embrace cultural differences without using your hands with this GrouponLive deal.
- Tickets to an AFC Cleveland soccer match with optional bowling credit
- When: Any home game between June 15 and July 13; see the schedule
- Where: DiSanto Field at Case Western Reserve University
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: One hour before game time
- $8 for two tickets (a $12 value)
- $15 for four tickets (a $24 value)
- $45 for four tickets, plus one hour of bowling with shoe rentals for up to six people at the Corner Alley (a $74 value)
The Scouting Report
In 2013, the AFC Cleveland Royals fittingly reigned king over Ohio Soccer. In a battle against Zanesville Athletic for the President's Cup, the Royals emerged victorious to claim the throne. This season, the team has picked up where it left off by soaring to the top of the standings in the National Premier Soccer League's Great Lakes division.
Midfielders Vinny Bell and Antonio Manfut have led the charge this season, which includes a recent 5-2 rout of the Cincinnati Saints on May 24. Instead of trying to spot these talented players kicking pebbles across the grocery store parking lot, fans can catch them in game action during five remaining home matches at the newly minted DiSanto Field. All five matches could be critical, too, since the Royals will clash with a division rival in each.
In 2009, the Cleveland City Stars folded, leaving the Sixth City without a soccer franchise to call its own. Two years later, the group of local soccer supporters known as the 6th City Syndicate finally found a new team to cheer for as AFC Cleveland (its initials: A Fans' Club) joined the National Premier Soccer League, finally bringing the beloved sport back to Cleveland's glacially-formed soccer stadiums. Bolstered by the Syndicate's support, the team surged into the NPSL spotlight in its very first season, winning the first-ever Rust Belt Derby and upsetting the Erie Admirals to claim the Great Lakes Conference championship.