Soul music is filled with strong emotions, much like the comment box at a hotel whose "continental breakfast" is just cereal. Feel the passion with this GrouponLive deal.
- $70 for two tickets to An Evening with Chaka Khan (Up to $142.50 value)
- When: Thursday, May 1, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Arena Theatre
- Seating: sections 1–15, row S, T, or U
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
- How her subjects know her: as The Queen of Funk
- How her family knows her: as Yvette Marie Stevens
- When you first heard her: in 1974 with her band Rufus, when “Tell Me Something Good” first hit the airwaves
- Her last single with Rufus: “Ain’t Nobody”
- 1978: the year she launched her solo career, which would produce a string of singles including “I’m Every Woman,” “I Feel For You,” and “Don’t Talk 2 Strangers”
- The music genres she’s since embraced: soul, R&B, gospel, pop, rock, country, and classical
- 10: the number of Grammy awards she’s earned
- Tell me something good that I probably didn’t know: she was featured on Steve Winwood’s “Higher Love”
At Arena Theatre, nobody sits farther than 60 feet from the show. Most concertgoers who’ve squinted their ways through major concerts at other venues can attest that the in-the-round seating arrangement and revolving stage are causes for celebration. And the stars have noticed. Since the 1970s, the state-of-the-art venue has attracted a long list of legendary performers including Willie Nelson, Tom Jones, and Aretha Franklin. While their golden vocal chords ring through the stellar acoustics, fans sink into comfy seats, savor a flashy light system, and discard their unnecessary opera glasses.
“Great small, intimate venue!”
“There is no bad seating in the entire area. A++”
Arena Theatre Houston
7326 Southwest Fwy.
Houston, TX 77074