Some things you just don't want to miss, like a concert by your favorite band or the part of the news where they say why they're showing your picture. Don't miss a beat with this GrouponLive deal.
- An Evening With Robert Hunter: Grateful Dead Lyricist
- When: Tuesday, October 1, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Count Basie Theatre
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $19 for the rear side orchestra or balcony (up to a $38.50 value)
- $25 for the rear orchestra or loge (up to a $48.50 value)
- $29 for the side orchestra (up to a $58.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
An Evening With Robert Hunter: Grateful Dead Lyricist
- How long it's been since Robert Hunter toured: almost a decade
- Why's he finally returning to the road, in his own words: “I began thinking about touring again and started working on my guitar playing. And the more I played the more I was reminded of the special joy that connecting with an audience brings. And I realized I missed it."
- When he joined the Grateful Dead: the fall of 1967, when he wrote the first verse of "Dark Star"
- Other psychedelic Dead hits penned by Hunter: "Uncle John's Band," "Casey Jones," "Sugar Magnolia," "Truckin'"
- Best Robert Hunter lyric to put on a tombstone: "What a long, strange trip it's been"
- Lyric that's either about the dangers of drugs or the world's worst train conductor: "Drivin' that train/ High on cocaine/Casey Jones you better watch your speed"
Count Basie Theatre
99 Monmouth St.
Red Bank, New Jersey 07701