- Arizona Reggae Fest
- When: Saturday, September 28, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Where: Westside Sports Complex
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for one adult all-day pass (up to a $26.75 value)
- $25 for two adult all-day passes (up to a $53.50 value)
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect youth discounts. Children 12 and under are admitted free.
Arizona Reggae Fest
- Headliner: Garth Dennis, a founding member of the Grammy-winning Black Uhuru
- Who he's playing with these days: Blaze Mob, a Kingston-based trio
- Another act from far afield: Layne Tadesse of Layne and the 7 Seal Dub was born in Eritrea, becoming a refugee at a young age when war broke out with Ethiopia
- Homegrown acts: Uproot, whose original tunes and reggaefied pop hits hail from Yuma, and Motherland Soul, a duet who has opened for Shaggy, Maxi Priest, and Burning Spear
- Who's from elsewhere in the US: Native Elements, a 10-piece ensemble from San Francisco who infuses reggae with rock, metal, blues, jazz, R&B, and hip-hop
- What to bring: folding chairs, blankets, sunscreen, cameras, positive energy
- What not to bring: food and beverages, glass, pets other than service animals, any quantity of antimatter
Westside Sports Complex
2209 N 99th Ave.
Phoenix, Arizona 85037