The electric guitar is an incredibly versatile instrument—you can use it to command a crowd’s attention in a stadium or as a mediocre shovel at home. Watch artists who understand their tools with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see Frampton's Guitar Circus, featuring Peter Frampton, B.B. King, and Sonny Landreth
- When: Monday, August 5, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Musikfest’s Sands Steel Stage at PNC Plaza
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $48 for grandstand seating (up to a $96 value)
- $63 for reserved 100-level seating (up to a $126 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Frampton's Guitar Circus
Frampton performs "Show Me the Way" in 2011
- Year Frampton began playing guitar: 1966
- Accomplishments of 1978's Frampton Comes Alive!: made the live-double-album format popular; gave the world "Baby, I Love Your Way," "Show Me The Way," and "Do You Feel Like We Do"
- How you'll be able to augment your memories of the show: every show on the tour is being taped for a later digital release; Frampton randomly gives an autographed setlist to one lucky fan at every stop
- How B.B. King was once praised by Carlos Santana: “I can hear B. B. King with the sound off on a TV, just by looking at his face.”
- Additional revelation King's performance inspired in Santana: he should probably fix his TV
- Rate at which King has released albums: about one every year and a half, assuming he started at the age of three months
- People who have collaborated with slide guitarist Sonny Landreth: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Buffet, John Hiatt, Eric Johnson, Mark Knopfler, and Buckwheat Zydeco
- Artists whose records Landreth has graced (in addition to his 11 solo releases): Dolly Parton, Harry Connick, Jr.
- Landreth's signature technique: wearing the slide on his pinky while using his other fingers to fret notes above it
Musikfest’s Sands Steel Stage at PNC Plaza
645 E 1st St
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015