The electric guitar is an incredibly versatile instrument—you can use it to command a crowd’s attention in a stadium or as a mediocre shovel at home. Watch artists who understand their tools with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to see Frampton’s Guitar Circus, featuring Peter Frampton, B.B. King, and Sonny Landreth
- When: Monday, August 5, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Musikfest’s Sands Steel Stage at PNC Plaza
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $48 for grandstand seating (up to a $96 value)
- $63 for reserved 100-level seating (up to a $126 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Frampton’s Guitar Circus
Frampton performs "Show Me the Way" in 2011
* Year Frampton began playing guitar: 1966 * Accomplishments of 1978's Frampton Comes Alive!: made the live-double-album format popular; gave the world "Baby, I Love Your Way," "Show Me The Way," and "Do You Feel Like We Do" * How you'll be able to augment your memories of the show: every show on the tour is being taped for a later digital release; Frampton randomly gives an autographed setlist to one lucky fan at every stop * How B.B. King was once praised by Carlos Santana: “I can hear B. B. King with the sound off on a TV, just by looking at his face.” * Additional revelation King's performance inspired in Santana: he should probably fix his TV * Rate at which King has released albums: about one every year and a half, assuming he started at the age of three months * People who have collaborated with slide guitarist Sonny Landreth: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Buffet, John Hiatt, Eric Johnson, Mark Knopfler, and Buckwheat Zydeco * Artists whose records Landreth has graced (in addition to his 11 solo releases): Dolly Parton, Harry Connick, Jr. * Landreth's signature technique: wearing the slide on his pinky while using his other fingers to fret notes above it
“Wonderful place, just make sure that you are dressed very warm,”
“Wear comfortable shoes, it's large with great things to see.”
“Good to go early and catch the shows. Live artisans are great to watch, even the kids enjoy seeing them. Good food, friendly atmosphere.”
101 Founders Way
Bethlehem, PA 18015