It feels great to give money to someone, especially if that someone is a child and that child grows up to win the big baseball championship. Back a winner with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to Artworks for the Cure 2013
- Where: The Barker Hangar at Santa Monica Airport
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $45 for general admission and access to the VIP meet the artists reception on Friday, October 11, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (up to a $75 value)
- $15 for general admission to the art exhibit/auction and sale on Sunday, October 13, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. (up to a $25 value)
Artworks for the Cure 2013
At Artworks for the Cure, more than 150 contemporary artists believe in the power of their craft to fight cancer. Luminaries such as Shepard Fairey, best known for his iconic dichromatic images of Andre the Giant and Barack Obama, and avant-garde royalty Yoko Ono lend their works to an exhibition and auction. Together they bring street art from around the planet, a display of low-rider cars, a photo exhibit of graffiti art from the Berlin Wall, 3D chalk art, paintings, photographs, and mixed-media pieces. Joining them are the works of rockstars such as Leonard Cohen and John Mellencamp, as well as images of rockstars such as Steven Tyler, Pete Townshend, and Bill Murray. Rounding out the weekend and adding to the celebratory atmosphere is music spun by DJs, beer and wine, gourmet hors d'oeuvres, and a surprising dearth of berets.
The Barker Hangar
3021 Airport Ave.
Santa Monica, California 90405Get Directions