Watching a play is the second-best way to achieve emotional catharsis, right behind writing a play about achieving emotional catharsis. Tear-stain a playbill with this GrouponLive deal.
- Four tickets to Axial Theatre Presents Howard Meyer’s “Radiance”
- Where: St. John’s Episcopal Church Community House
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
Dates and Times
- $45 for four tickets to any performance from May 2–May 19, excluding May 4 (up to an $80 value). Performances are held at 8 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays, and at 4 p.m. on Sundays.
- $80 for four tickets to the opening night performance on May 4 at 8 p.m. (up to a $140 value)
Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available.
Howard Meyer’s “Radiance”
On the eve of the 60th anniversary of the Los Alamos National Laboratory, everything seems perfect: Billy Kountze has finally awarded his friend Paddy a long-deserved promotion, overseeing local toxic waste pits. However, not everything about this new job is what it seems, and Paddy, as well as Billy's daughter Lindsay, find themselves torn between multiple loyalties like a tissue in a rainstorm. As the pair face down moral and ethical quandaries, they must choose between devotion to family, heritage, and the public good.
Under the direction of Christopher Grabowski, a cast of four takes the stage to enact the struggles of playwright Howard Meyers' characters. The production features Chris McCann, an OBIE-award winning performer whose Broadway and Off-Broadway credits include work with the Lincoln Center and the Manhattan Theatre Club Stage. He is joined by Axial company member Rachel Jones, as well as Gilbert Cruz and Natalie Woolams-Torres.
Since 1998, Axial Theatre's ensemble has worked to help playwrights develop original works and actors sharpen their skills. A bi-monthly reading series gives audiences a chance to take part in the process of making new plays, from first draft to the fifth and final standing ovation. The group extends equal support to fledgling performers by offering an acting program to train the board-treading stars of the future.
8 Sunnyside Ave
Pleasantville, New York 10570