Live music can set the mood on a cruise and overpower the sound of curse words that whales have incorporated into their songs after centuries of hanging out with sailors. Take in less salty tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- Bainbridge Bluegrass Festival
- When: Saturday, July 27, at 10 a.m.
- Where: Battle Point Park
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 10 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the full musical lineup.<p>
- $10 for one ticket (up to a $16.37 value)
- $15 for two tickets (up to a $32.74 value)<p>
Teen and family discounted tickets are available but this Groupon still offers the best deal available. Children 13 and under enter free with parents.
Bainbridge Bluegrass Festival
Wayne Taylor (with Appaloosa) performing "Its a Beautiful Day"
* Number of acts at the Bainbridge Bluegrass Festival: seven (so far) * The headliner: Wayne Taylor and Friends * Interesting fact about Wayne Taylor: he's served as emcee, lead vocalist, and guitarist for the US Navy Band, Country Current, for 21 years * Number of presidents Wayne has played for: four * Band most likely to inspire families to start their own bands: Smalltime String Band * Singer whose voice most resembles a honeycomb ladder to heaven: Joy Mills * Best Pacific Northwest bluegrass band with a singer who channels Patsy Cline, a banjo player who's mastered the Skrugg's roll, and a leader who accidentally ran over his first guitar with a truck: Convergence Zone Bluegrass Band * Performers Renegade Stringband takes inspiration from: Woody Guthrie, Tom Waits, and Ella Fitzgerald * Other acts that'll inspire hootin', hollerin', or hammockin': Barleywine Revue, Ricky Gene Powerll and The Boys of Greenwood Glen * Size of the festival grounds: 90 acres * How much space 90 acres is: enough room for thousands of children—or ten 9-acre children—to frolic in * Where to sit: atop a haystack, because this is a real bluegrass festival * What else there is to do: check out arts and crafts, beer tents, and the Battle Point Park Astronomical Observatory * A portion of the proceeds benefits furry four-legged friends through [PAWs of Bainbridge and North Kitsap](http://gr.pn/1awGfoU)
Battle Point Park
10800 Battle Point Dr. NE
Bainbridge Island, Washington 98110