Smooth jazz is the sound of sophistication, unlike rough jazz, which is the sound of Louis Armstrong blasting chili out of his trumpet. Lend your ear to upscale scales with this GrouponLive deal.
- $30 to see the 23rd Houston International Jazz Festival, featuring Jonathan Butler and Elan Trotman (up to a $62.08 value)
- When: Saturday, August 3, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Bayou Music Center
- Seating: Grand tier
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Each ticket also includes admission to the pre-party, held on Friday, August 2, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at 51Fifteen Restaurant & Lounge in Saks Fifth Avenue.
As of July 22, 2013, Sheila E. will not be performing at this festival.
23rd Houston International Jazz Festival with Jonathan Butler and Elan Trotman
- Age at which Jonathan Butler started playing the guitar: 7
- Age at which Elan Trotman started playing the piano: 7
- Age at which Butler became the first black artist played on white South African stations: 13, with 1974’s “Please Stay”
- Age at which Trotman started playing the saxophone: 12