Roadies are the unsung heroes of rock shows—moving equipment, checking microphones, and vaccinating bands against each city’s local poxes. Prepare to rock with this Groupon.
- $13 for one G-Pass to see Ring of Fire: Johnny Cash Tribute (up to a $27.55 value)
- When: Thursday, August 29, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Bergen Performing Arts Center
- Section: orchestra, mezzanine, or balcony
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
How G-Pass Works:</b> Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.<p>
Ring of Fire: Johnny Cash Tribute
* The part of Cash is played by: New-Jersey-based musician Michael Patrick * Patrick's other gig: frontman of country rock band The Suburban Hillbillies * Other acts with whom he's covered the Man in Black: Marty Stewart, John Carter Cash, Steve Earle, and David Allen Coe * Songs you'll likely hear: "Boy Named Sue," I've Been Everywhere," "Folsom Prison Blues" * Phenomenon the show was not named after: an area of the Pacific Rim known for frequent earthquakes and volcanoes * Notable festival appearance: at the 2007 Johnny Cash Flower Pickin' Festival in Starkville, Mississippi, formed to pardon Cash's 1965 arrest for public drunkenness while purportedly "picking flowers" at 3 a.m.
Bergen Performing Arts Center
In 2004—on a mission to bolster its community’s wellspring of creativity and education—the nonprofit Bergen Performing Arts Center took over the former John Harms Center, an art-deco-style movie and vaudeville palace built in 1922. Today, in the same antique theater where Frank Capra screened his first car chase, the venue hosts 150 yearly events that bring dance, music, and theatrical productions to an estimated 250,000 annual audience members. Networks such as HBO, PBS, and MTV all have filmed international broadcasts on the stage, which has seen the likes of Diana Krall, Heart, and ZZ Top.
100% of 11 customers recommend
“It was good for the price. ”