Smooth jazz is the sound of sophistication, unlike rough jazz, which is the sound of Louis Armstrong blasting chili out of his trumpet. Lend your ear to upscale scales with this GrouponLive deal.
- $22 for one ticket to see Blood, Sweat & Tears (up to a $44 value)
- When: Saturday, November 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Chandler Center for the Arts
- Section: main floor
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The value of this deal is based on regular ticket prices and doesn't reflect student, senior, or military discounts.
Blood, Sweat & Tears
- Originally founded in: 1968
- Since then: dozens of musicians have spent time with the group
- How current manger and original drummer Bobby Colomby describes the ever-evolving group's philosophy: "Like a great baseball team, the members change but the soul lives on."
- The sound: rock band instrumentation with funky brass and jazzy licks
- Historic hits include: "Spinning Wheel," "Hi-De-Ho," and "God Bless the Child"
- Things their name might be taken from: an expression describing hard work; an incident where their keyboardist cried during a concert; the beginning of a never-finished catalogue of liquids
- Thing their name is actually taken from: a Johnny Cash album
Chandler Center for the Arts
Luminous chandeliers float like paper lanterns above the lobby of Chandler Center for the Arts, welcoming guests entering through the towering glass facade. Inside, they find three halls—one larger auditorium, and two more intimate performance spaces—hosting a variety of musical and theatrical performances. Each theater is designed for optimal acoustics, ensuring audiences can hear every tuneful note, stage-whispered line, and breaking of the fourth wall. And the center showcases non-performing arts as well—the Exhibition Hall displays regularly rotating collections of sculptures and paintings.